Sunday, May 17, 2009

Much-needed update

Wow. It's been a year since I last posted a blog.
It's time to update everyone on what's going on
in my hectic life.

I am still working at my aforementioned job (last
post) and loving it. I'm entering my junior year,
finally, and the panic is starting to set in. I realize
that I'm going to be out in the real world, alone,
very soon. I guess I better start planning.
I start my first ever summer class tomorrow morning.
Ah! I have a feeling that Honors Bio might kick me
in the face, but it seems like a lot of stuff I've learned
before.

I have changed a lot this year. I have been forced to grow
in ways I never thought i would, but it's good.
I've figured out what is truly important to me and what I
shouldn't stress about. I'm learning how to remember that
each day brings new opportunities and challenges. I'm
finding out what I truly want to do with my life, where I
want to end up, and that I may never reach those goals
because life often throws us around without our permission.
I now understand the importance of a few carefree days
now and then, and the healing power of friend-nights.

My best friends have been there through all the insane
events of this year. Chanel is back in Muncie (yay!); Erin
is being shipped to New York for an internship; Corrina is
in London (lucky!!) for a theatre internship, too. Mo is
still in Muntucky along with Hailey, Joyce (who travels
back and forth between Indy and here), along with all the
other friends in my life. I'm grateful that I have so many
amazing friends to lean on in times of heartache, growth,
and hardship. They also know how to party it up when
things are going well.

I hope this next school year teaches me new things about
myself, my friends, and my future. Guess I'll find out soon!
:D

Here's to a good summer, even better school year, and beautiful
future.

No comments: